SWPA Membership and Convention Registration
Beginning in 2016 SWPA began charging one fee for both membership and convention registration. That fee depends on membership category (Professional, Student) and when you pay (Early-Bird, Regular, On-Site).
Any person who by virtue of employment, education, and/or professional interests identifies with the discipline of psychology is eligible for membership and to attend the conference.
All members receive the SWPA e-newsletter and occasional other correspondence from the Executive Committee. Members may also place announcements (non-profit) in the SWPA e-newsletter and on the SWPA website free of charge.
New to SWPA?
Professional members who are new to the 9 state region covered by SWPA are eligible for a 50% discount on the appropriate membership rate. To qualify, professional members must be in their first three years in the following states by moving from a state outside of the region. Also, you must contact the SWPA treasurer (Amy.Bohmann@tamusa.edu) prior to registration. These are the qualifying states:
Membership and Registration Categories
- Any person who by virtue of employment, education, and/or professional interests identifies with the discipline of psychology is eligible
- Professional members are entitled to all rights and privileges of the association without restriction.
- $110 if paid before January 20
- $120 if paid between January 20 and March 20
- $150 if paid on site
- Any student who by virtue of their educational work, and/or interests identifies with the discipline of psychology is eligible
- Student members must be able to document their current student status
- Student members are entitled to all rights and privileges of the association except holding offices other than Student Representative
- $60 if paid before January 20
- $70 if paid between January 20 and March 20
- $100 if paid on site
Individuals who pre-register for the convention may obtain full or partial refunds of the registration fee.
- Full refund if requested at least one month before the opening convention day.
- 50% refund if requested one week to one month before the opening day.
- No refund if requested less than one week before the convention begins.